Thursday, May 20, 2010

dessa is good company

Sometimes I listen to Dessa because I have a penchant for smooth easy going stuff during the work day. Maybe that balances out listening to people complain about printers like it's the end of the world.

Music videos are so funny, the masks and furries theme is just about as played out as referencing "whiskey" in a song. Tell me it's not! Like, if you really think about it man... (that phrase is high speak). But the whiskey thing, it's part of a checklist used in alt rock country southern rock. Funny how people feel the need to subscribe to a particular culture and fit into it perfectly. Shit, I play alt rock country folk, gotta talk about whiskey and the battles I constantly lose against it.

Oh yeah, Dessa has a song called "children's work" about growing up with her brother. This line really says a lot to me remembering my childhood and now with raising my own kids - "children aren't as simple as we'd like think". Someone made this video for it and it's really hard to focus on the song while watching it because, well, it's hilarious in a bad way. Try and get through it without laughing, if you can you have no soul.


No comments:

Post a Comment