Friday, June 18, 2010

Memories light the corner of my mind


So I've started playing songs from my old band as a workout routine. Works me out physically and hopefully gets my drum playing back to the shape it used to be in. Being so busy these days makes it hard to believe that there was one time that I literally had over 3 band practices a week at several hours a piece. Now it's more like playing for a few minutes on "lunch" and for a few more minutes before the family comes home. Not to mention that I'm splitting time now between playing drums and guitar.

How good of a workout? http://bleedthemdry.bandcamp.com/album/freedom-is-our-most-profitable-export Yeah I made that face a lot because we played all the songs back to back without stopped between them. It was a brutal 20 something minutes.

I've also ditched the office chair for a drum stool so there's no back support. Now if only I could shake off the 3-4 Mountain Dews a day... Bring back the svelt and some fast chops!

No comments:

Post a Comment